Re-opening ceremony of Reader's Heaven. More photos are available at http://www.lisps.org.in/lispsphoto/index.php?/category/7
Library and Information Science Promotion Society (LISPS)
Minutes of the Annual General Body Meeting
- President welcomed the members and announced the new executive committee which was elected unopposed as per the letter received from the returning officer Mr. V. S. Sathyaseelan on 19.09.2014. He congratulated the new team of executives for the society.
|S. No.||Name of office bearer||Address||Post held in LISPS|
|1||Dr. T Subba Rao||S.O.(G),WSCD, BARCF, KALPAKKAM||PRESIDENT|
|2.||Mr. Sanjay Singh||S.O.(F), BARC (VIZAG), VUDA COMPLEX, SIRUPURAM, VISHAKHAPATTANAM||VICE –PRESIDENT|
|3.||Mr. Faizan Ulla Khan||S.O.(E), RDG/PPG, IGCAR, KALPAKKAM||SECRETARY|
|4.||Mrs. Archana Priti||57, 1st AVENUE, KALPAKKAM||Jt. SECRETARY|
|5||Mr. Narendra K Kushwaha||S.O.(E), PD, IGCAR, Kalpakkam||Treasurer|
|6.||Mrs. Jayalakshmi R||10, SADRAS EAST, Kalpakkam||Ex-officio EC MEMBER|
|7.||Mr. Ashok Kumar||S.O.(D), RDG/RAG, IGCAR, KALPAKKAM||EC MEMBER|
|8.||Mr. Baskaran R||SA/D, SIRD, IGCAR, Kalpakkam||EC MEMBER|
|9.||Mrs. Kirti Srivastava||117, 5th AVENUE, KALPAKKAM||EC MEMBER|
- Secretary presented her report for the financial year 2013-14. The report was proposed by Mr. Baskaran R. and seconded by Dr. Rajesh Kumar.
- Treasurer presented her report for the financial year 2013-14 along with audited accounts. The report was proposed by Mrs. Archana Priti and seconded by Mrs. Jayalakshmi R. The report was thoroughly discussed. After necessary scrutiny of the discussion, the report was passed unanimously.
- The general body unanimously re-appointed Chartered Accountant Mr. M. Ahmed Rasool as the Auditor of the Society.
- The General Body approved the members enlisted in form VII, who have joined the society or removed from the society due to expiry of their term in the financial year 2013-14. The form VII for the financial year 2013-14 is attached herewith.
- It was proposed to increase the fees of the Auditor. Members approved an increase of 7.5% in the existing fees of `2809. The new Audit fees would be `3020.
- It was suggested by Mr. Rajesh Kumar that leaving some amount for annual expenditure, the remaining balance available in the bank can be fixed-deposited so that more interest could be earned which could be utilized in improving the library facilities. The suggestion was agreed upon.
- Shifting the library to Reader’s Heaven building was discussed. The President suggested that we shall put one more effort to get the new constructed building for running our library. The accessibility and the location of the new building are quite suitable for our requirements. Thus, it was decided by the GB that the society shall wait for one month. If the efforts to acquire the new building do not bear fruit, then LISPS shall shift its library from Sadras to Reader’s Heaven.
President assured action of all the recommendations.